3D_Images Subjective quality for 3D images with differents degradations (SAMVIQ method)
|Categories||3D / Images / Quality Assessment|
|Processing||JPEG & JPEG 2000 / Blur|
|Quality assessment method||Subjective Assessment Methodology for VIdeo Quality|
|Resolution||Less than 960x540|
|Created the||08 Jan 2015|
This database contains 96 stereoscopic images and their associated subjective scores.
Six different stereoscopic images are considered in this database which is composed of the six reference images (undistorted) and fifteen distorted version of each sources generated from three different processings (JPEG, JPEG2000, blurring) symmetrically to the stereopair images. A spreedsheet "Details_images_with_DMOS" gives the distortion applicated, the degradation level and the Difference Mean Opinion Score (DMOS) associated for each stereoscopic paires. For more precise explanation on the degradation applied, please read the degradation section The result of this database could be used to design new metrics for 3D quality assessment.
The contents of this database are images. The resolution is 512x512 pixels. The images were displayed on a 1280x1024 an uniform gray is put around the image to keep the native resolution of the image
A CrystalEYES system in combination with a CRT display were used to provide the 3D effect.
The stereoscopic images are available on our FTP server. These images are BMP files. Each stereoscopic images is composed of 2 BMP files. The left view is named CLIPleftXXXX.bmp and the right one is named CLIPrightXXXX.bmp where XXXX is the number of the stereoscopic image. You can visualize the stereoscopic image with a stereoscopic image viewer. If you use the Nvidia 3D Vision system, you can use : http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-photo-viewer.html
We provide a spreadsheet with the Differential Mean Opinion Score (DMOS) for each of the96 images for the SAMVIQ methodology. In this file, a stereoscopic image is associated to a line. The last column is the Differential Mean Opinion Score (DMOS). The formula of the DMOS is DMOSx = 100 + MOSx - MOSrx where MOS is the Mean Opinion Score. MOSx is the MOS of the current image and MOSrx is the MOS of the same image without any degradation : the Original. In the Excel file, it is the first line for each content. More the value is closed to 100, better is the quality.
The information about the source contents, image generation, subjective experiment environment and available data are provided in a description file.
Hypothetical Reference Circuits (HRC)
The Processed Video Sequences (PVS) were created using the following Hypothetical Reference Circuits (HRC). The HRC are degradations/distortions from JPEG compression, JPEG2000 compression or blur artefact (2 types : Gaussian filter or Downscale/Upscale). For each degradation several levels/powers can be used.
The HRC are not the same for the reference images. The distortions with theirs associated value for each stereoscopic image are available in the description file.
Degradations can be :
- Blur :
- Gaussian Filter : standard deviation value
- Downscale Upscale ! : ratio of the subsampling
- JPG :
- Quality factor
- J2K :
- SR : Scalability on resolution
- Quality factor
|Display||Samsung SyncMaster 1100 MB|
|Luminance||0.3 / 120cd/m²|
|Number of images||96|
|Rejection method||VQEG Multimedia Test plan|
|Number of observers||19 (no outlier)|
Source publication : Please, cite the following paper(s) in your publications if you use this database in your work
Database Download Guide for ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/IRCCyN_IVC_Quality_Assessment_Of_Stereoscopic_Images
Use a FTP Manager to download all files at once
With Filezilla (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
- Download the FileZilla Client software at https://filezilla-project.org/ and install it.
- Launch File > Sites Manager and fill in the form. The Host is ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr. Use Anonymous for Logon Type. All others fields can be left blank. Finally, press Connect.
- In the first panel, you can see connection's logs. Normally, a message like Response: 220 ftproxy FTP server (Version 22.214.171.124 - 2005/01/11 13:03:28) ready. is printed.
- The left column below contains your computer file system and the selected folder. In the right column, you can see the FTP server file system and its selected folder.
- In the left colum, select the local directory in which receive the database. In the right panel, find IRCCyN_IVC_Quality_Assessment_Of_Stereoscopic_Images , right click and press Download.
- Bottom panel shows file transfer informations. All files of the databases are being downloaded in your computer. Please wait during the transfer.
With WGET (Linux)
Copy and paste this command in a terminal :
wget -P your/destination/folder ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/IRCCyN_IVC_Quality_Assessment_Of_Stereoscopic_Images