H264_AVC_vs_SVC Subjective comparison between H264/AVC and H.264/SVC for mobile videos (with SAMVIQ)
|Categories||Quality Assessment / Videos|
|Processing||H.264 / H.264 SVC|
|Quality assessment method||Subjective Assessment Methodology for VIdeo Quality|
|Resolution||Less than 960x540|
|Created the||12 Jan 2015|
This database contains 56 (28 QVGA and 28 VGA) videos sequences and the associated subjective results. 4 different video source contents were used in QVGA and the same 4 contents in VGA. For each content, the reference (without degradation) and 6 different degradations, in each format called Hypothetical Reference Circuits (HRCs) were subjectively evaluated.
All observers seen all videos in one session.
Each observer done only one session. So the observer number 1 in QVGA is not the same than in VGA session.
We used SAMVIQ as test methodology.
On the FTP server, we provide the videos in the directory "Videos". These videos are AVI files. After downloading, you can visualize the video by using a video player like VLC for example.
The subjective scores are provided. An Excel file is provided. In this Excel file, there are 2 spreadsheets : one for the QVGA experiment and one for the VGA experiment. In this file, a PVS (an AVI video) is associated to a line and an observer to a column. You have access to all individual vote from each observer to each AVI video. The last column is the Mean Opinion Score (MOS).
Hypothetical Reference Circuits (HRC)
Hypothetical Reference Circuits (HRC) or versions
The HRCs are based on H.264 and H.264/SVC coding without transmission errors. For each content, a SVC bit-stream was created with 4 layers (2 in QVGA and 2 VGA). Some AVC bit-stream were generated to compare each layer of the SVC coding with an AVC coding at the same bit-rate and at the same PSNR.
|HRC number||HRC name in paper||HRC description|
|00||QVGA Ref||QVGA Reference (no impairment)|
|01||QVGA AVC-Q1||QVGA, AVC, low quality, same PSNR that the HRC 05|
|02||QVGA AVC-Q1||QVGA, AVC, high quality, same PSNR that the HRC 06|
|03||QVGA AVC-B1||QVGA, AVC, low quality, same bit-rate that the HRC 05|
|04||QVGA AVC-B2||QVGA, AVC, high quality, same bit-rate that the HRC 06|
|05||QVGA SVC1||QVGA, SVC, low quality|
|06||QVGA SVC2||QVGA, SVC, high quality|
|10||Ref||VGA Reference (no impairment)|
|11||QVGA AVC-Q3||VGA, AVC, low quality, same PSNR that the HRC 15|
|12||QVGA AVC-Q4||VGA, AVC, high quality, same PSNR that the HRC 16|
|13||QVGA AVC-B3||VGA, AVC, low quality, same bit-rate that the HRC 15|
|14||QVGA AVC-B4||VGA, AVC, high quality, same bit-rate that the HRC 16|
|15||QVGA SVC3||VGA, SVC, low quality|
|16||QVGA SVC4||VGA, SVC, high quality|
|Display||CRT Samsung SyncMaster 1100MB|
|Observation distance||6H (QVGA) and 4H (VGA)|
|Resolution||QVGA (320x240) and VGA (640x480)|
|Duration||25 minutes for each part|
|Number of videos||56|
|Number of observers||15 (1 rejected in QVGA and 5 in VGA)|
Source publication : Please, cite the following paper(s) in your publications if you use this database in your work
Database Download Guide for ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/IRCCyN_IVC_H264_AVC_vs_SVC/
Use a FTP Manager to download all files at once
With Filezilla (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
- Download the FileZilla Client software at https://filezilla-project.org/ and install it.
- Launch File > Sites Manager and fill in the form. The Host is ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr. Use Anonymous for Logon Type. All others fields can be left blank. Finally, press Connect.
- In the first panel, you can see connection's logs. Normally, a message like Response: 220 ftproxy FTP server (Version 220.127.116.11 - 2005/01/11 13:03:28) ready. is printed.
- The left column below contains your computer file system and the selected folder. In the right column, you can see the FTP server file system and its selected folder.
- In the left colum, select the local directory in which receive the database. In the right panel, find IRCCyN_IVC_H264_AVC_vs_SVC/ , right click and press Download.
- Bottom panel shows file transfer informations. All files of the databases are being downloaded in your computer. Please wait during the transfer.
With WGET (Linux)
Copy and paste this command in a terminal :
wget -P your/destination/folder ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/IRCCyN_IVC_H264_AVC_vs_SVC/