Influence_Content Subjective quality assessment of videos using ACR-HR method
|Categories||Quality Assessment / Videos|
|Quality assessment method||Absolute Category Rating - Hidden Reference|
|Resolution||Less than 960x540|
|Created the||12 Jan 2015|
This database contains 300 videos sequences and the associated subjective results. 60 different video source contents were used. For each content, the reference (without degradation) and 4 take randomly in 20 different degradations called Hypothetical Reference Circuits (HRCs) were subjectively evaluated.
The contents of this database are VGA (640x480) videos. The display mode is progressive and the frame rate is 60Hz. We used Absolute Category Rating (ACR) as test methodology.
On the FTP server, we provide the videos in the directory "Videos". These videos are AVI files. After downloading, you can visualize the video by using a video player like VLC for example.
The subjective scores are provided. An Excel file is provided. In this file, a PVS (an AVI video) is associated to a line and an observer to a column. You have access to all individual vote from each observer to each AVI video. The last column is the Mean Opinion Score (MOS).
Hypothetical Reference Circuits (HRC)
The HRCs are based on H.264/SVC coding without transmission errors. Several QP repartition are tested between the base layer of the SVC stream and the enhancement layer. The videos of the database are always the enhancement layer for 16 HRC. The four other HRCs are the base layer upscaled, with different QP parameters. The H.264/SVC HRC are coded with the JSVM coder version 9.18. The SVC layers are coded at different QP values at 30Hz.
In the table, for the H.264 SVC coding, L0 is for layer 0 = base layer in QVGA. L1 is the layer 1 = enhancement layer in VGA.
|HRC number (condition number in the paper)||HRC description|
|00||VGA Reference (no impairment)|
|01||QVGA coded at QP=44 upscaled to VGA|
|02||SVC coding with QP=44 for the L0 and QP=44 for the L1|
|03||QVGA coded at QP=38 upscaled to VGA|
|04||SVC coding with QP=44 for the L0 and QP=38 for the L1|
|05||SVC coding with QP=44 for the L0 and QP=32 for the L1|
|06||SVC coding with QP=38 for the L0 and QP=44 for the L1|
|07||QVGA coded at QP=32 upscaled to VGA|
|08||SVC coding with QP=38 for the L0 and QP=38 for the L1|
|09||SVC coding with QP=38 for the L0 and QP=32 for the L1|
|10||SVC coding with QP=44 for the L0 and QP=26 for the L1|
|11||QVGA coded at QP=26 upscaled to VGA|
|12||SVC coding with QP=38 for the L0 and QP=26 for the L1|
|13||SVC coding with QP=32 for the L0 and QP=32 for the L1|
|14||SVC coding with QP=32 for the L0 and QP=38 for the L1|
|15||SVC coding with QP=32 for the L0 and QP=26 for the L1|
|16||SVC coding with QP=32 for the L0 and QP=44 for the L1|
|17||SVC coding with QP=26 for the L0 and QP=32 for the L1|
|18||SVC coding with QP=26 for the L0 and QP=38 for the L1|
|19||SVC coding with QP=26 for the L0 and QP=26 for the L1|
|20||SVC coding with QP=26 for the L0 and QP=44 for the L1|
|Display||LCD TvLogic LVM401|
|Number of videos||300|
|Rejection method||VQEG MM tesplan|
|Number of observers||29 (0 rejected)|
Source publication : Please, cite the following paper(s) in your publications if you use this database in your work
Database Download Guide for ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/IRCCyN_IVC_Influence_Content/
Use a FTP Manager to download all files at once
With Filezilla (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
- Download the FileZilla Client software at https://filezilla-project.org/ and install it.
- Launch File > Sites Manager and fill in the form. The Host is ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr. Use Anonymous for Logon Type. All others fields can be left blank. Finally, press Connect.
- In the first panel, you can see connection's logs. Normally, a message like Response: 220 ftproxy FTP server (Version 184.108.40.206 - 2005/01/11 13:03:28) ready. is printed.
- The left column below contains your computer file system and the selected folder. In the right column, you can see the FTP server file system and its selected folder.
- In the left colum, select the local directory in which receive the database. In the right panel, find IRCCyN_IVC_Influence_Content/ , right click and press Download.
- Bottom panel shows file transfer informations. All files of the databases are being downloaded in your computer. Please wait during the transfer.
With WGET (Linux)
Copy and paste this command in a terminal :
wget -P your/destination/folder ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/IRCCyN_IVC_Influence_Content/