JPEG_HDR_Images JPEG compression on HDR images
|Categories||Images / Quality Assessment|
|Processing||HDR & TMO|
|Quality assessment method||Absolute Category Rating - Hidden Reference|
|Created the||29 Apr 2015|
Goal & Information
Source contents (SRC)
This database contains 150 images. 10 different still image contents were used.
We used Absolute Category Rating with Hidden Reference (ACR-HR) with 5 point scale as subjective experiment methodology in ITU-R BT500-11 environment. We provide a spreadsheet with the individual scores and the Mean Opinion Score (MOS) for each of the 150 Processed Video Sequences (PVS).
The information about the still image contents, image tested generation, subjective experiment environment and available data are provided in this page and in the description file.
Hypothetical Reference Circuits
There are 15 HRC. One is the reference. The original image without any degradation. There are 7 JPEG compression with different bitrates optimized to used the full range of the quality scale. These 7 bitrates are used with the 2 versions of optimization : SSIM and MSE. So there are 14 versions.
The preview were generated with TMO Drago on luminance HDR software.
|MSE bitrate 1|
|MSE bitrate 2|
|MSE bitrate 3|
|MSE bitrate 4|
|MSE bitrate 5|
|MSE bitrate 6|
|MSE bitrate 7|
|SSIM bitrate 1|
|SSIM bitrate 2|
|SSIM bitrate 3|
|SSIM bitrate 4|
|SSIM bitrate 5|
|SSIM bitrate 6|
|SSIM bitrate 7|
|Highlights of this database||HDR image contents|
|Evaluation on real HDR display|
|Number of images||150|
|Display duration||10 seconds|
|Pre screening||Snellen, Ishihara|
|Number of observers||26 naives (1 rejected)|
|Age (Mean [Range])||22.4 [19 30] years|
|Male / Female repartition||16 / 10|
|Display luminance||Up to 4000cd/m²|
Source publication : Please, cite the following paper(s) in your publications if you use this database in your work
Database Download Guide for ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/IRCCyN_IVC_HDR_Images_JPEG_Compression/
Use a FTP Manager to download all files at once
With Filezilla (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
- Download the FileZilla Client software at https://filezilla-project.org/ and install it.
- Launch File > Sites Manager and fill in the form. The Host is ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr. Use Anonymous for Logon Type. All others fields can be left blank. Finally, press Connect.
- In the first panel, you can see connection's logs. Normally, a message like Response: 220 ftproxy FTP server (Version 188.8.131.52 - 2005/01/11 13:03:28) ready. is printed.
- The left column below contains your computer file system and the selected folder. In the right column, you can see the FTP server file system and its selected folder.
- In the left colum, select the local directory in which receive the database. In the right panel, find IRCCyN_IVC_HDR_Images_JPEG_Compression/ , right click and press Download.
- Bottom panel shows file transfer informations. All files of the databases are being downloaded in your computer. Please wait during the transfer.
With WGET (Linux)
Copy and paste this command in a terminal :
wget -P your/destination/folder ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/IRCCyN_IVC_HDR_Images_JPEG_Compression/