NAMA3DS1_COSPAD1 Quality assessment (using ACR-HR) on 3D HD videos with coding and spatial degration
|Categories||3D / Quality Assessment / Videos|
|Processing||H.264 / JPEG & JPEG 2000|
|Quality assessment method||Absolute Category Rating - Hidden Reference|
|Created the||08 Jan 2015|
This 3D video quality database contains 110 3D stereoscopic videos sequences and the associated subjective results. 10 different video source contents were used that originate from the NAMA3DS1 database. For each content, the reference (without degradation) and 10 different degradations called Hypothetical Reference Circuits (HRCs) were subjectively evaluated in an ITU conforming environment.
The HRCs are based on H.264 and JPEG2000 coding and typical image proccessing steps like downsampling and image sharpening. A description of the SRC and the HRC is provided in the description file added to the description of the viewing and environmental condition in which the videos were evaluated.
We provide a spreadsheet with the individual scores and the Mean Opinion Score (MOS) for each of the 110 Processed Video Sequences (PVS).
We used Absolute Category Rating - Hidden Reference (ACR-HR) as test methodology.
The PVS (avi videos) are available on our FTP server.
The source contents of this database are under the creative commons copyright allowing for free usage including viewing, modification, etc. in most situations.
Preview images are provided for getting an impression on the content seen by the observers during the subjective experiment.
This subjective experiment dataset is made available in the context of the VQEG-3DTV project and is proposed for the evaluation of different viewing condition and observer distributions in international laboratories.
Please note that the type of degradations added to the sequences are mainly impacting on the image (video) quality scale and therefore this experiment should not be used to evaluate 3D subjective scales such as visual comfort, depth quality or immersion as the degradations have not been introduced particularly for these scales and the results would be strongly biased.
NAMA3DS1 est mis à disposition selon les termes de la licence Creative Commons Attribution - Pas d'Utilisation Commerciale - Partage dans les Mêmes Conditions 3.0 non transposé.
|Display luminance||180cd/m² (56 measured through the glasses)|
|Background luminance||54cd/m² (8 measured through the glasses)|
|Observation distance||3H (172cm)|
|Videos frequency||25 Hz|
|Display frequency||48 Hz with active shutter glasses|
|Content format||Full HD for each view|
|Methodology||ACR-HR on video quality scale|
|Number of videos||110|
|Number of observers||29|
|Observer screening methods||Snellen, Ishihara, Randot|
Source publication : Please, cite the following paper(s) in your publications if you use this database in your work
Nama3ds1-cospad1: subjective video quality assessment database on coding conditions introducing freely available high quality 3d stereoscopic sequences M. Urvoy, M. Barkowsky, R. Cousseau, Y. Koudota, V. Ricordel, P. Le Callet, J. Gutierrez, N. Garcia
Database Download Guide for ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/NAMA3DS1_COSPAD1/
Use a FTP Manager to download all files at once
With Filezilla (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
- Download the FileZilla Client software at https://filezilla-project.org/ and install it.
- Launch File > Sites Manager and fill in the form. The Host is ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr. Use Anonymous for Logon Type. All others fields can be left blank. Finally, press Connect.
- In the first panel, you can see connection's logs. Normally, a message like Response: 220 ftproxy FTP server (Version 188.8.131.52 - 2005/01/11 13:03:28) ready. is printed.
- The left column below contains your computer file system and the selected folder. In the right column, you can see the FTP server file system and its selected folder.
- In the left colum, select the local directory in which receive the database. In the right panel, find NAMA3DS1_COSPAD1/ , right click and press Download.
- Bottom panel shows file transfer informations. All files of the databases are being downloaded in your computer. Please wait during the transfer.
With WGET (Linux)
Copy and paste this command in a terminal :
wget -P your/destination/folder ftp://ftp.ivc.polytech.univ-nantes.fr/NAMA3DS1_COSPAD1/